Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Carpe Bonum lives!

Thank you to the many hundreds of you loyal Carpe Bonum readers who have emailed, desperate to know where Carpe Bonum has gone. Fear not, we are still alive and well, but have gotten real busy in the real world. Expect more pithy postings on Carpe Bonum in the near future.

In the meantime, go check out Neil Prakash's account of election day in Iraq here: SPC ROBY: 1, IED: 1
The spring just laid there in the dirt just a few feet from me. I looked down at my left shoulder and grabbed the digital camera that was lanyarded to my D-ring on my body armor. I pressed my face against the window of my door to get a better look.

BOOOOOOOOM
Also, check out this jaw dropping article from columnist Mark Brown (hat tip, reader Carolyn): What if Bush has been right about Iraq all along?
Maybe the United States really can establish a peaceable democratic government in Iraq, and if so, that would be worth something.
Gee, Mark, ya think?